Map a material to an object using default mapping.
Activate the tool.
Specify options in the Control Bar.
Click Accept on the Control Bar or select Accept on the View window popup menu.
The Default Mapping tool has the following options:
Material - Define material to be mapped.
Mapping Type - Mapping method to use:
- Surface - the material effect is mapped to the surface space of the actual geometry to be textured.
- Identity - this method defines the material effects in identity space.
- Null - this mapping method uses the current material space, as defined by the previous material mapping objects.
- Camera - uses the current camera orientation to project material properties to geometric objects.
- Custom - moves a selected channel (a vertex variable etc.) to the material mapping coordinate channel.
See also: Models/Geometrics/Material Mapping Objects/Default Mapping.